Timber roof trusses are now specified for the majority of domestic roofs constructed in South Africa. A roof truss is an engineered framework consisting of structural members forming triangles. The framework derives its inherent strength from this triangulation.
Get a quote
Pre-fabricated from high quality, stress graded SABS mark bearing timber and joined with steel nail-plate fasteners, the roof truss offers:
- A flexible, practical and fully engineered solution to your roofing requirements.
- Economy of materials, as roof trusses can use up to 40% less timber than a traditionally formed (made-on-site) roof.
- Reduced labour costs on site, due to the amount of prefabrication, releasing site carpenters for more complex areas.
- Quick erection of the roof structure, enabling other trades to commence quickly.
- Reduction in site waste, loss and pilferage of valuable materials.
- Space saving on site, with no need for timber storage or carpentry work areas.
However, due to the commercial limits of available timber sections, transport limitations for length and height, and manufacturing limitations of the pressing machinery, there are restrictions on the physical dimensions of the trusses.
At Kelbrick’s Roof Trusses we can manufacture trusses up to an impressive 17.5m overall truss length, and a height of 4.5m. It is possible to manufacture trusses outside this range by manufacturing the truss in two or more sections and site-assembled to the required profile.
We would recommend that you contact one of our experienced designers as early as possible regarding the design of your roof. Our designers will work with you to reach the ideal solution. To complement the design service, our package includes (if required) full working drawings and design calculations to local authority requirements.
See through a gallery of images of our most recent work.
M-F: 11am – 7pm
Sun: 10am – Closed